Farming.....Hard Work!!

We've been planting transplants today on the farm.  This doesn't sound that hard but it really is.  You've got to consider the heat and how much you are having to bend up and down.  Some days like today, the heat is what is really difficult to take.  And, it hasn't even reached the 90's yet.  This is going to be one long summer.  It would help if it got hotter gradually instead of all at once.  

So far today, we've transplanted about 70 lettuce plants ( romaine and some leaf varieties).  We've still got to transplant some boc choi, tomatillos, onions, and tomatoes.  We've also have to direct seed a few different types of squash, zucchini, and cucumbers.  And I'm sure there's plenty that I don't remember.  If I could just get used to working in this heat I would be okay.  I guess this summer is really going to help me accomplish that.  :) 

Oh well, guess I better get back to planting.

Here's a video that you might find interesting.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital